Sunday, March 23, 2003

Today's Panic Attack, part two....

Well, I'm feeling much better now. I got through the panic attack first by asking my cousin, who has been through all this before, what should I do? And she recommended using a cold wash cloth to wipe my face to get rid of the disorientation, which helped, then she handed me a relaxation tape and said to lie down and listen to it. Well, I found I couldn't lie down, so I just put the relaxation tape on with my headphones, and decided to use all that energy to distract myself by unrelentingly cleaning the house until I was sweating and wore out, and that did it! I felt much better after that, still had a little lingering anxiety, but nothing much to speak of.
I'll have to keep remembering things like this to get me through the next ones.

No comments: