Tuesday, March 04, 2003

Nurturing Inventory

The workbook I'm currently using has me creating a spreadsheet of sorts of the abusive events of my past and list how I reacted to them in the past and how I react to those past events today. But I decided to take it a step further, and create a second spreadsheet, listing nurturing, positive, loving things that happened in my life. This is a great therapeutic thing for me. It keeps me out of the blame cycle, where I can fall into position of blaming the past for my condition, and not just acknowledge the bad things but re-affirm all the good things in life. Doing so cheers me up, brings up some great cherished memories, and also gives me something to look to to cheer me up when I fall into my deep, dark, depressive episodes. I'm not going to post either of these spreadsheets to the site because they are too personal, but I wanted to post how therapeutic it is to do such a thing.

No comments: