Sunday, March 09, 2003

Got some fresh air today!

I got some good, long, fresh air today planting flowers and such in the backyard, being casual about it, it was so great! It was hard at first, my anticipatory anxiety had me at level 4 plus I was a little bit dizzy from my meds so I almost stayed in bed all day, but I didn't want to do that either, so I decided to push my way through my anxiety, and told myself that if I do go out and help plant flowers I can go to the drugstore and pick up a frame for one of my favorite pictures. Boy, I'm glad I did push through it, being outside in the beautiful day decreased my anxiety by two levels and decreased my depression quite a bit, putting me in a much better mood overall. Sometimes it's the little things that count the most.

I also chatted with my mom, my step-dad and my real dad today, sounds like they're all doing well; we're all talking to each other better now. I used to have such anxiety about talking to my parents, but not so much anymore that I've been working through my codependency, self-parenting and anxiety recovery.

No comments: