Friday, March 21, 2003

Panic attacks are changing....

Man, I've noticed that my panic attacks are changing. They're becoming less of a psychological shock and more of a physical shock. So the symptoms I now experience are heart palpitations, dizziness, difficulty catching my breath, feeling nauseous, trembling, etc. I find these are more difficult to get through than my past experiences with panic attacks because they are so different my coping mechanisms haven't adjusted to them.

The one I just had a few hours ago really freaked me out, it occurred right after I got home from a long walk to the grocery store. My cousin-in-law suggested that I try and lay down, which at the time I hadn't thought of, but that was a good idea. So I tried that, but I couldn't sit still, I kept getting up because of the physical symptoms. So I finally took my emergency dose of Benzodiazepine and one of my sleeping pills so that I could just lie down and sleep through it, and that worked wonders. I slept for two hours, and woke up feeling refreshed.

I'm going to talk to my doctor about this one, about whether I should really take my sleeping pill to get through a severe panic attack or not and see what he thinks.

No comments: