Saturday, April 19, 2003

Getting back in the saddle...

I'm starting to get back in the saddle after plunging into depression, this morning I got up, went for a walk, and got out my exercise band that's been hiding away for the past year, and started using it. Man, am I out of shape, it hurt! hehehe, but it also felt great! I can't believe it, but I'm starting to get to the point where I can exercise for exercise's sake, whereas before I could never exercise just to exercise, I could only do it in the form of walking or biking where I would have a destination and another reason to do it, but now I'm getting to the point where I can do it just for the benefit to my body and my emotional well-being. I just ordered some exercise tapes too.

I'm also feeling the need to get out and get some friends to hang out with, but I don't know where to start! Since I'm not working, and I'm new to the area, and I'm not part of any clubs or anything, it's really hard to make friends, not to mention with the way my anxiety makes it hard to be out-going. I miss my friends from back home, and I'm sure they miss me, but we don't keep in touch very often. It's kind of tough to hang out with your old friends when you live on separate sides of the country.

No comments: