Saturday, April 12, 2003

Depression is back....

Well, I'm back into major depression. Ugh! Seems like I'm losing any hope for my recovery, I'm having thoughts like, will it ever get better? How long is this going to last? Just so many doubts, and I'm still feeling pretty sick so that doesn't help. I just keep telling myself that this is a temporary shift in attitude as my brain chemistry re-adjusts itself from coming off of the Geodon.

I'm trying to find out more information about Geodon, specifically related to withdrawal symptoms, but there seems to be a definite lack of this information on the web so far. It's a fairly new drug, and there's not even much note of it on Pfizer's website. (actually I worked at Pfizer and remember when they launched the medicine in 2001). Perhaps since it's so new not enough information has been accumulated yet. I'm going to try calling Pfizer's consumer hotline when it opens again on Monday to see what they can tell me. I meet with my psychiatrist again on Tuesday and I'll discuss these issues with him. I'm also going to bring my cousin along with me to the psychiatrist so she can provide her point of view on how I've been responding to treatment.

No comments: