Tuesday, April 15, 2003

Downhill day

Well, the day started off pretty rough, my anxiety was really high, I was very scared just to get out of bed. Eventually I did though. I spent some time with my cousin researching what medicines are left that I haven't tried already before going to see my psychiatrist. We settled on adding Imipramine and giving up on SSRIs. My cousin tried Imipramine before and she said it made her really manic and totally got rid of her anxiety, almost to the point of not even having any healthy fear. The doctor is starting me out at a low dosage, increasing it every week for the next 3-6 weeks as we gradually approach an effective dosage. He cautions me to watch my blood pressure, and this drug may give me tremors or dizziness as well, I'm hoping it's not nearly as bad as the Geodon was.

As far as my stomach aches are going, they are getting better, and I spoke at length with the R.N. about them, we decided it's probably due to the combination of stress and coming off the Geodon, but if they don't improve more over the next week I'll need to see my primary care physician.

I've been battling the depression by keeping a focused image of myself getting better and having a cushy job with a nice income, instead of the depressing image of being hopeless without a cure. I've also been trying to stay busy. Another technique I used is jumping into the cold pool for a little shock to my system, doing things like that help to knock me out of a down mood.

I've also just started taking some supposedly great vitamins, a combination of a multi-vitamin, an Omega-3 supplement, and a "Vegetable mix in a pill" kind of supplement. Hopefully that will boost my immune system.

As I get better, I'll start taking more frequent walks again, as I'm able to stray farther from the bathroom ;-) Walks are important. I'm kind of sad that I haven't walked much this past week, because I was starting to lose a few pounds with all the walking.

Also as I get better I'm going to start finishing off some more of my books and post some of the interesting information I'm finding.

Lastly, thanks to everyone who has written me with their encouragement, it's all really appreciated!

No comments: