Wednesday, April 30, 2003

Everything is a choice.

A very good friend of mine told me this story about a realization she had, and I asked if I could share it with my readers, because I thought it was very inspirational.

I was laying in bed one night, and I started thinking about my choices, what
I was going to do with my life, what I'm doing now, that kind of thing.

So then I started really thinking about choices, how there are some things
that are a choice and some that are kind of thrust upon me... but I wasn't
really happy about that. Something didn't seem right.

So I really examined all the decisions... and I noticed that at every turn I
had a choice, and I made a decision from those choices... and from there it
really expanded... every decision, every movement, every emotion, every
mood, every click of the keyboard is a choice. Every aspect of my life is a
choice, and I'm the one making all of the decisions. Granted, I may not
like the choices I'm given, but no matter what, it's my choice. I have
complete control over what I do. And more important, how I feel and how I
react in every situation. Wow.

And the more I think about it, and the more I remind myself of these facts
and ideas throughout the day, the better I feel and the more centered I am.
It's really amazing... and before I get mad or before I react in a
"predicable" way to a situation, I remind myself... Everything is a Choice.
And I feel better about the choice I make.

No comments: