Saturday, April 05, 2003

Been getting depressed again...

I've been getting depressed these past couple days, mostly because I'm experiencing the dizziness side-effects of my medicine, which prevent me from doing anything that I want or need to do. I'm trying to bolster myself up by reminding myself that this is just a "necessary evil" and that it will pass in time, and that I've accomplished a lot recently and I should set my expectations to realistic levels.

At least the dizziness associated with this latest medication increase isn't as bad as it was the last time, the doctor told me the side-effects, unlike most medicines, actually decrease with an increase in dosage, so far that seems to be true, and I should be totally past this in two weeks. I can't wait until it's over and I start reaping some of the positive effects of this medicine, which I really haven't seen any of, but it takes time, and when I see my psychiatrist again in a week and a half hopefully I'll have a better understanding of just what this medication is doing for me. At that time I'm also going to make my case again in a more "academic" style that I'm not schizo-affective, he still thinks I'm borderline schizo-affective and I disagree. The major criteria for Schizo-Affective disorder is delusions and hallucinations, such as hearing voices or seeing green men running around, and being convinced that the hallucinations are reality. The only reason I can think of that he may think I'm schizo-affective is 1) that my anxiety makes me appear paranoid, and 2) I often refer to my negative inner dialog as "voices", which I really shouldn't do, so I will have to make sure to clarify that to him.

No comments: