Monday, June 16, 2003

Zombied

Man, I've been a walking zombie for days now, mostly due to the continued insomnia. It's making me really numb emotionally. Which may be a good thing, I'm not sure. And I've got major sinus congestion. I hate that.

Anyway, I saw the move Antwone Fisher last night and it was pretty good, it's a story about a boy who never knew his parents, was abused in some kind of foster care setting, then joined the navy and eventually saw a psychiatrist, worked out his childhood issues and found his family. Good story about persevering over severe childhood emotional trauma.

Hmm.... I feel like I've got a lot to talk about, but nothing much to say. Reminds me of that Tori Amos song Silent All These Years Tori's been envolved with a project that is a safe place for anyone who's heart as a Survivor of Rape, Abuse and or Incest has ever been touched by the moving music of Tori Amos who is also the co-founder of RAINN (Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network) rainn.org Here's the lyrics (with some parts cut out) that I identify with:

excuse me but
can I be you for a while
my dog won't bite
if you sit real still
I got the anti-christ
in the kitchen
yellin' at me again
yeah I can hear that

been saved again
by the garbage truck
I got something to say
you know but NOTHING comes
yes I know what you think of me
you never shut up
yeah I can hear that

hey but I don't care
cause sometimes I said
sometimes I hear my voice
and it's been
here silent all these years

my scream got lost in a paper cup
you think there's a heaven
where some screams have gone
I got 25 bucks and a cracker
do you think it's enough
to get us there

hey but I don't care
cause sometimes I said
sometimes I hear my voice and it's been
here silent all these

years go by will I still be waiting
for somebody else to understand
years go by if I'm stripped of my beauty
and the orange clouds raining in my head
years go by will I choke on my tears
till finally there is nothing left
one more casualty
you know we're too EASY easy easy

No comments: