Wednesday, June 11, 2003

I'm fried, crispy toast.

I am soooo tired. I haven't slept in four days, since I started the Wellbutrin. Well, OK, there's been about three times each day where I fell asleep, if you could call it that, for about twenty minutes. But that's not real sleep, because in those twenty minute naps I go straight into a dream state which is always a horrible nightmare, then wake up from it. So I never achieve the deep sleep that is necessary. So, as you can imagine, my concentration is shot, I'm very tired and irritable.

I'd ask the doctor for some sleeping drugs but I've tried them in the past and I am totally resistant to them. So, I'm just staying away from caffeine as I have been since I was diagnosed almost three years ago, keeping my sugar levels at a good level, so I don't make the problem even worse.

I've been taking a lot of long walks late at night since I can't sleep, I'll just get out my MP3 player and walk for a few hours.

I have noticed one thing though. For the first two days of my insomnia, I was very depressed, stuck thinking myself into philosophical loopholes, but the past day I've gone past that and now I feel a little more at peace with myself, the depression is lifting a bit, but it's so hard to say for sure, it's probably just because I'm a zombie after four days with no real sleep.

No comments: