Monday, January 26, 2004

In a better mood

Well, the day started off with high anxiety, felt like I had too much to do with too little sleep. While I was waiting in the lobby for my group session to start, I even asked if I could sit in a private room because I was feeling panicky.

But the group session started right then, and it turned out to be a pretty good one, we talked about how we sometimes feel hopeless and what we do to overcome that and things like that. There's another guy in the session who sounds a lot like me, where I was about two years ago.

When I got home, someone from the Midwest Center for Stress and Anxiety gave me a call regarding my questions about personal coaching. They have an excellent cassette tape/workbook system and online support forum, and they have this personal coaching thing that takes it a step further, but of course costs more, but they are very good at working out any kind of payment plan that might work for me, their goal is to get people better, not take their cash, and they have a money back guarantee as well. I'm pretty interested in doing this, it'll probably take a month to see whether it's feasible with my budget. I don't think it will be the end-all cure, but I do think it will really help my attitude, but as with all things I'll get out of it what I put into it. The coaching lasts for three months.

No comments: