Tuesday, January 13, 2004

Argh... insurance problems again

If it's not one thing it's another with insurance. I found out that none of the doctors at my clinic accept my insurance, whatsoever, even though they had told me before I got the insurance that they would accept it. I also found out that only MRIs and no other types of brain scans (except CAT scans, which are inferior to MRIs) are covered, they are considered "experimental medicine" or something. And, to get an MRI, I need a referral, and since my psychiatrist doesn't take my insurance, his referral won't count, and my regular physician doesn't take my insurance either, so I'm scrambling to find a doctor who will accept my insurance. I finally found one, but their computers were down so they couldn't make any appointments. Really frustrates me, since I've been working with my doctors as a cash patient for over a year now and have developed a relationship with them, and now I have to start over with a new regular doctor and transfer records and all that and hope he will give the referral that my psychiatrist otherwise would give.

I'm really about at the point were I just want to stop seeing doctors and therapists all together, stop taking meds, and just give up on the whole health care system and deal with this myself. It would be a lot cheaper and I could get rid of dealing with all this bureaucratic BS. Ugh! I just want to rant about it I'm so frustrated.

My psychiatrist is convinced I'm not developing Parkinson's, he just said "I can look at you and know you're not developing it", he wasn't willing to investigate or consider it any further. He just said it might happen in my fifties. But he did recommended the movie "Awakenings" which my friend who has Parkinson's also recommended. I can't find it anywhere to rent so I'll probably buy it from the link I just made.

He also said that if I take any medication for ADHD it will just make my anxiety worse.

I'm sure there's some other things I wanted to write, but I'm too ticked off right now to think of them.

No comments: