Saturday, July 12, 2003

You don't get it do you?

Even with the best of intentions, you don't understand, do you? But that's fine, because the only way you could understand would be to actually have what I have, and I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. I just wish you could all understand without having to actually feel it. But that's not possible.

Just quit telling me I have to get over it. Quit telling me I just have to say fuck it. Quit telling me I just have to count my blessings and keep up the work and it will all get better.

HELLO! HOUSTON CALLING THE REST OF YOU! Get a clue! I've done all those things, said all those things, meant all those things hundreds of times. IT DOESN'T WORK FOR PEOPLE LIKE ME!

When a person has both of their legs cut off, would you tell them, oh, just get over it, eventually they'll grow back? Fuck no you don't! You feel a little pity, but you'd never say something idiotic like oh, your legs will grow back! Sure, if we keep the analogy, prosthetics work in some cases for some people... and well, coping skills and medicines work in some cases for people with anxiety and depression disorders, but I'm one of the few that they don't work for! Sorry, but you're all going to have to accept that. I'll keep trying more medicines and more therapy, if nothing else than to keep you all satisfied that I've tried all the options... but in the meantime, quit giving me all this "Oh, it will get better in time" crap, and don't ever ever ever tell me again that I just need to get over it. Because I swear to God if I hear that again I will explode in a rage of fury.
Click here to comment on this post:

No comments: