Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Stressful holiday weekend

This weekend, while at times was fun and great to see some family, was really a pressure cooker in terms of my anxiety, as usual I started to depersonalize and have panic attacks right when the fun was really starting to get going. At times I just curled up on the floor in a bedroom with a Teddy bear or one of the cats. There was another party for the family Monday, but I couldn't go to that becuase my anxiety level was so high and I was having irritable bowell symptoms as well (just gotta love that). Tomorrow is my last day for my mood-stabilizing drug Zyprexa, and I go down another half miligram on my Xanax as well. So, I'm not quite sure what to expect, but I'm hoping that going off the Zyprexa will cause my weight to go down and my attention to improve. Got another week to go until my brain scans, it's going to be tough waiting until then to see what they prescribe for me, but I hope it's all good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi David

My name is Carla. If you want to see my blog you kind find it at

http://carlakayj.bravemusings.com/

I hope I am posting this comment right, I have never been to blogger before.

Anyways, I found your blog through blogrolling.com. I looked at it because of the word anxeity in the title.

I am so glad I looked! I am also Bipolar type 2. This is the first blog I have ever found by another BP 2. (I know there are more, but yours is the first I have found)

I think it's a wonderful thing you are doing here! It made me feel less alone in the world tonight. Keep up the good work. I haven't read much yet, but I will be checking back with you!

Carla

Anonymous said...

hi david , i have terriblr panic attacks and also take 8 mg of xanax , i get them even in the middle of the nite . i also can't go out bc i have agorophobia. im a mess. i dont know if your still around but its oct 14 2006 and my screen name is luvlabs128@aol.com

Anonymous said...

david im the same as you, taking 8 mg of xanax and have agorophopbia.im a mess .i have panic attacks a lot , im glad i found someone like me