Friday, June 04, 2004

More mood swings and racing thoughts

After seeing my therapist this afternoon, I crashed further into a deep depression, not seeing any point in the whole life thing, and my thoughts were racing in random circles faster than I could keep track of them. I tried sleeping, but that evaded me as well. So, I decided to try and focus on something and pay my bills and balance my check book. Then something weird happened. I found a charge to my debit card that didn't make sense. So I called the bank, and they tracked it down for me, turns out somehow someone made a duplicate of my debit card and physically used it in Turkey to by dinner or something. But instead of freaking me out further, for some reason dealing with that distracted me from all my depressing thoughts and after I got through canceling my card and ordering a new one with a different number, I felt a lot better, took a shower, got something to eat, then played some online games with some friends I have on the internet.

Am I weird or what? Feel worse after the therapist but better after my debit card was fraudulently used? Figure that one out, Mr. Freud ;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

David, your doing great ! I think like myself your a little hard on yourself sometimes. Sometimes you can feel worse after seeing your Therapist, it all depends on what's been the topic of discussion, and how deep you have dug on that day with them.
I enjoy reading your blog everyday, and find your honesty very refreshing and helpful, and I will continue to read it.
Darren http://www.ebloggy.com/Agoraphobic_Male_32