Monday, December 29, 2003

Hard Anxiety, Gentle Cure

Link: Gentle & caring:
"Sometimes we just wish that all the disturbing thoughts will go away and die, but yet we still get agitated because they don’t seem to want to go away. The more we push them away, the more they come back. This sort of pushing and having an idea of a world without disturbing thoughts is a kind of attachment.
And so we solve this problem by acting like this: At the moment of the birth of each thought, bring your mind back to the soft, gentle chant: 'May I be well and happy. May my mind be calm and wise. May all beings be well and happy.' "


I did a search for hard anxiety on Google and found the above page, I think it's a good one-pager to read.

Last night I did go out for an hour and just browsed around a one of the major electronic stores, and that did seem to do the trick for getting rid of most of my anxiety, came home and ate dinner, took care of a couple around the house things, then got distracted watching TV and playing my favorite video game, then finally went to bed and got some decent sleep.

No comments: