Monday, December 08, 2003

One of the chickens has hatched :)

Well, this weekend I got a spiffy letter from the Congressman I talked to about my Social Security back-pay, and the letter said I'd have the money directly in my checking account in ten days, then today I look at my account and the money is already there! Woohoo! That will definitely make things easier for the short-term, as I try to transition to this MediCAL insurance/HMO thing.

I'm still having an even harder time going out now, Sunday I went to my cousins for the afternoon and evening, watched a couple good movies and had a great meal and all that, but I started to feel the same way I did during thanksgiving, like the walls were closing in and my emotions all felt strange.

I'm also once again casually looking into the facts behind Parkinson's disease. I talked to one of my friends who has Parkinson's, he's quite intelligent on the subject, and he was able to tell me quite a bit and give me some information to look up. Parkinson's is just one idea we have, one theory, to explain why all the meds and therapy, all the years of hard work to get over the anxiety and panic attacks and depression, have ended up with me being worse rather than better.

I also finally got my hands on the report of the sleep study I had, it was interesting to find out I had no Delta sleep at all, I transitioned between sleep stages like 54 times, and my REM sleep was short... which I thought strange since I seem to dream for very long and very vividly; I also kick my legs, grind my teeth, and snore a lot. Not getting any delta sleep would help explain why I have so much daytime fatigue.

Still having trouble keeping track of the days, hope I don't completely forget about sending out the holiday cards, I'm sure Christmas will sneak right up on me and I'll be stuck saying "oops".

I think I'll end this post now, my coordination is a little off and I keep having to go back and fix my typos.

No comments: