Sunday, December 14, 2003

It's getting harder to come up with titles for my posts LOL

Anyway, the group session wasn't much, just our first session and a little short, basically there are three of us plus my therapist, and we basically just introduced ourselves, we're going to try and make the sessions longer and meet once every three weeks and see how things go.

Last night I went again to Border's book store, where they have an open-mic night in their little cafe' once a month. This time I met a couple women and struck up a conversation with them, and something one of them mentioned reminded me of one of my adventures in Germany, so I decided to add my name to the list and got up and told the story of when I was hiking in the Alps and almost fell off the mountain. Earlier, I was thinking about leaving after the first or second person used the mic, my anxiety was pretty bad, but then these women started talking with me so I decided to stay and enjoy it, we stayed for about an hour after the open-mic thing was done, talking. That was really nice, I so rarely get to meet people my age and actually talk to them, rather than just a real short conversation that doesn't go anywhere. We exchanged email addresses and stuff, so maybe I'll start finding some friends to hang out with. I still don't know my way around here very well yet, it would be nice to have some people show me where the fun things to do are and all that. Of, course, assuming I can get over my anxiety long enough to actually go out and have fun, which isn't very often.

My memory still seems to be getting worse, even after asking the women their names a few times, I still can't remember them... I've always had trouble remembering people's names, even after them repeatedly telling me, and I feel really bad about that. I've always been pretty oblivious to a lot of things, and my poor memory seems to keep getting worse. It's possible that the medications I've been on contribute to a worsening of memory. It's like as soon as someone says something, I almost immediately forget it, if during that time my anxiety is a little high.

No comments: