Sunday, December 28, 2003

The anxiety of not knowing what to do

It's Sunday, and I don't know what to do. My sleeping patterns are, as usual, screwed up, and I'm groggy right now. I've been feeling anxiety all day, because I'm not sure what to do. Home alone, nothing on my to-do list, bored, with this feeling that I'm supposed to be doing something, maybe important, but not knowing what it is. And everything I think of to do to distract myself sounds boring, so then I go back and lie in bed.

I think I'll head to one of the big electronic stores or something and just browse around, for something to do; I kinda feel like I need to be around a crowd of people. Usually I avoid that kind of thing, but being at home in my "comfort zone" I'm feeling anxious, so I'll go do something that would otherwise make me anxious and see if that makes me feel any better.

I slept right through the time I was supposed to take my morning Xanax, so that means I skipped a dose, not really sure if that has anything to do with that, since that was eleven hours ago and I've taken my regular doses since then.

No comments: