Friday, November 28, 2003

The Thanksgiving trip

Well, I drove myself the six-hour trip to my dad's, alone, to be with family for Thanksgiving. I was planning on staying five days I think, but I could only handle two before I had to bail and head home. For almost the past two years, I've been having problems where when I leave home and stay the night somewhere else, I have serious panic attacks that last for hours, weird kind of panic attacks that leave me very depersonalie, "feeling" like I'm on the edge of schizophrenia, I get up in the middle of the night and start to wander the streets, and usually I end up having an emotional breakdown, and seeing as how that was where I was headed, I decided to come home early, alone, and have a peaceful day at home by myself, just chill out and get some good sleep in my own bed.

Other than that Thanksgiving was nice, we had a good meal and the family was all nice, it was nice to be together for a while.

The drive there was hell for me, traffic was bad and my anxiety was hell, I had to make many stops to just take some time, fifteen to thirty minutes at some gas station or something and practice my breathing exercises and such. The drive home was much easier, partly because I knew I was going back to my "comfort zone", and also because my timing was perfect so I avoided a ton of traffic.

No comments: