Saturday, November 22, 2003

Is it really Saturday night?

Sorry I haven't updated in a while, like I've said before the days just seem to go by in a blur.

My anxiety has been pretty high lately, mostly due to worrying about my medical benefits situation and planning for the holidays, the clinic I go to screwed up some of my appointments with my therapist so I haven't been able to see him and won't see him until next month, and my main computer is now laying in parts due to a defective part that I've got to wait for a replacement on. Mostly just a bunch of little things, but with my anxiety, little things can provoke panic attacks.

I'm going to try and force myself to take some quiet time and just relax if I can. My cousin and aunt got me this special, I'm not sure what you would call it, it's like a meditation thing, you pour water into a glass bowl, and it lights up and turns the water into vapor and makes this soothing sound with soothing lights, I think I'm going to relax in my favorite rocker next to this thing for an hour or so and do my breathing exercises and such, relieve myself from a lot of these little pressures so I can step back in peace and see the forest for the trees.

I also went to the library earlier this week and got me some good old science fiction novels to read, just to relax to before bed each night, to take a break from just reading books on anxiety and the brain.

No comments: