Thursday, April 22, 2004

Vitamins and supplements

I went out tonight and bought some more vitamins and supplements that I hope will help my psych meds work better and aid in my general health. My moods swung a lot today, right now I'm feeling full of energy; seven hours ago I was angry and depressed, and made an appointment to see my therapist tomorrow because I was thinking about whether I should be hospitalized or not. I even went as far as to make sure I had directions to the psychiatric hospital memorized. I guess I was thinking that I needed a structured environment where I could be monitored. But I've got too many responsibilities to take care of to go be hospitalized for a few days, not to mention if I do it will be traumatic for my family.

I'm beginning to be more aware of what triggers my mood swings, and how low my threshold is to set off a change in mood. I read some stuff on borderline personality disorder that really sounded like me, but that diagnosis isn't of much use as far as I can tell, it's just something I can point at and say, "Hey, that sounds like me!"

No comments: