Monday, May 17, 2004

low attention span, getting angry easy

I've noticed lately that my attention span is getting smaller, and that I get angry or bitter easier, usually about things that occured years in the past that I wake up remembering. I'm not sure if this is due to lowering my Xanax or not. I was going through acute withdrawal symptoms a week ago so my doctor upped my dosage back by another 2mg to help me out and then told me to go down by 1mg a week.

I'm starting to get to the point where I'm sick of meds all together, whereas before I was willing to accept that I'd probably be on meds for the rest of my life. My therapist and I are thinking that the next med we'll try after my brain scans will be a stimulant like they use for attention deficit disorder.

2 comments:

: Joseph j7uy5 said...

1mg per week is way too fast. Not meaning to contradict anyone, but with Xanax you probably don't want to taper by more than 0.5mg every two weeks. Some people with panic disorder need to taper very slowly, like 0.25mg per month. Just a suggestion.

David said...

Yeah I've heard that too.