Friday, May 14, 2004

Carpe Diem

I haven't been very out-going lately, since I've been sick with some kind of flu (finally got some antibiotics for it), and my moods are changing like rolling the dice, it's hard for me not to get caught up in the past or worry about the future, I know I need to focus on the moment, carpe diem style, but I get trapped in this circular thinking mode too easily. I tried using my relaxation techniques again but they seem to make my anxiety worse, not better. I'm worrying about paying bills, about my ability to just stay stable emotionally long enough to live up to any of my real life obligations, but, like I've been told, I just have to try and focus on the moment and leave things in God's hands. Can you believe I just said something like that? Yes, I'm trying to be more open-minded about the whole God thing, too.

No comments: