Friday, May 23, 2003

No relief yet...

Well, I've now been at the maximum dosage of Imipramine for a couple days now, and so far it hasn't had any impact on me. So, on the good side, I haven't had the typical side effects of low blood pressure, but I haven't had any of the positive effects either. On this amount of this drug I should be higher than a kite, ready to take on anything, but instead I remain depressed with very high levels of anxiety.

Anyway, tonight I meet with my psychiatrist, I have a number of questions for him, I'm going to ask him about brain scans (there's a chance I suffered brain injury as an infant), see what he thinks of the results of my MMPI test, and find out what medicine options we have left. As far as I can tell, most of the medicines I've tried so far have targeted serotonin and norepinephrine, maybe we should instead target dopamine?

Most of my days have been spent fighting high levels anxiety, with frequent naps.

No comments: