Sunday, March 07, 2004

Manic swing

I've noticed that, aside from when I wake up all groggy, depressed, lethargic and with racing thoughts, I've been in what seems like a manic swing. I think this is due to a few things; one, knowing that my family is trying to make things work out for me in my best interest and thinking of long-term strategies to help me (after the big meeting we had), nicer weather, finding out that the clinic I go to probably owes me money (they previously told me I owed them almost 800 dollars, but when we went through the billing together it actually looks like they owe me money instead, so cross your fingers that it will turn out that way, their office is really busy and behind schedule, and they need certain permissions to change my billing history, but so far that looks good).

Also this new medicine I'm on seems to get me into a manic phase after the grogginess of waking up goes away. I have to be careful, since when I'm in a manic phase, I tend to want to spend a lot of money and rush to make big plans and get too excited. I have to try and give myself patience, give the medicine some more time to work, and try to keep a balance both financially and emotionally.

No comments: