Saturday, August 30, 2003

Bear with me

Please bear with me as I try to work out some technical issues with the site... hopefully I'll get this running smooth shortly.

In the meantime, things still seem to be the same-ol' same-ol'. That green drink stuff I've been taking only gives me a short energy boost for about fifteen minutes it seems, wish it lasted longer.

Next week I see my psychiatrist again, we'll have to decide if we want to try using Gabitril longer but maybe increasing the dosage, or switching to or adding an MAOI like Nardil.

I also just recently watched a documentary on some new herbal concoction out of Canada, not sure but I think it was on either the Discovery or Health channel. It's called E.M. Power+, and apparently it's not legally for sale anywhere since it hasn't been approved by any governmental agencies, but people still buy it and claim it works better than any other "real" medicine that they've tried. It's targeted more for people with bipolar disorder.

Here are a few links if you're interested in learning more about this:
http://www.truehope.com/home.asp
http://www.dr-bob.org/babble/20010530/msgs/65123.html
http://remedyfind.com/rm-4112-E.M..asp

I might bring this up with my doctor, I'm not sure. I took a look at the ingredients, and I'm already taking more than 90% of the "nutrients and vitamins" this supplement contains. Since it contains such high dosages of its ingredients, it would be toxic for me to take (in my humble opinion) along with my current vitamins. It's quite expensive too, and I'd like to see more clinical research done on it.

No comments: