Friday, July 02, 2004

Up, down, Up down....

Well, my mood tanked this week, my anxiety went up and my depression got pretty deep, thinking what's the point in life again. Had a lot of running around driving people places this week too, which put more pressure on me and increased my anxiety, it's hard enough for me to drive just once in a while, and some of my family members are having moderately severe medical problems too.

So, I've been mostly withdrawing into my shell, not wanting to talk to anybody. I went to the clinic today. Looking at my finances, I was going to cut down on my appointments, but they gave me a big pep talk and told me I could schedule as many appointments as I need and just pay what I can. Finances are a big worry and source of guilt for me, but they made sure I felt welcomed there and not to worry about it. I was there to see my therapist, and while there I pulled my psychiatrist aside and told him I'd like to start lithium treatment, rather than wait until my next appointment with him in a week and a half, he agreed to see me for a couple minutes and get me the script to start on lithium and also the script for the one-week follow up blood test.

So, I'm feeling a little more optimistic and outgoing, which is good, since I was withdrawing to the point of suicidal thoughts. But who knows how things will be tomorrow? Hard to predict how I'll feel.

I talked for a while with the pharmacist, he said I should notice a significant difference in about 2 days after starting lithium, but from experience, I know not to get my hopes up.

No comments: