Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Moods a little more stable, anxiety up a bit

I've noticed that my moods seem more stable now, my depressions don't go as deep, but my anixiety has been a little high these past 6 days or so, although I haven't had a full blown panic attack in at least a couple weeks.  So, I'm guessing that the lithium is helping at least a little.

I also notice that, while I do seem to sleep a consistant 8-9 hours each day, I'm not able to fall asleep until anywhere from 5am to 9:30am.  So I'm going to start taking melatonin again at night and see if that helps me fall asleep sooner.  As it is right now, I'll try to go to bed between 1 and 2am, but then I get real hungry and impulsively eat and then watch a DVD or two.

I haven't posted much, obviously, mostly because I just simply keep forgetting to.

Something I was just thinking about is how thin my "emotion skin" is.  I'm easily hurt or offended by even the slightest thing.  I asked my therapist a few sessions ago, "how do I thicken my emotional skin?", and he didn't have a good answer, didn't really know how one could be trained to have a thicker skin.  So, at my next group session tomorrow (assuming I can make it), I'll try to pose that question to the group.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A good way to 'thicken' your emotional skin is to think to your self. Will it really matter what this person says in 5 years? And really, What importance? Does this have in my life right now.

Anonymous said...

refuse friendships. stick to the tried and true non-people you play games with on the net, and model yourself after rutger hauer's character in BLADE RUNNER. of course. that character ended up caring despite his status as non- human. so it's a risk of sorts...