Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Tired and my mind is numb, lacking motivation

Again, I haven't been posting much lately. Just haven't felt that I have much new to say. Lately I've been very tired, falling asleep easily throughout the day. Around 11pm, my mind starts to really wake up, then a few hours later I get sluggish, but unable to actually fall asleep until around 6am. I then sleep until the afternoon, and I am very sluggish the rest of the day until late at night.

My brain seems to work a lot slower, which my therapist and I attribute mostly to the tranquilizing meds I'm on. My moods continue to be pretty stable, and I haven't had any real panic attacks either. But on the flip side, I'm almost completely lacking in any kind of motivation, most days seem like a mindless blur.

I sent in my application to the nearby university. I'm not sure if the paperwork will process in time for classes starting in September, I'll just have to wait and find out. This will be my biggest attempt yet to re-enter the "real world" and see if I can get stimulated and motivated enough to not only finish my degree(s) but also see if I can take it a bit farther and work on my social skills and just plain "get out" more. Getting out isn't something I'm interested in doing, to be honest, but I know I'm supposed to try. Truth is, I'm don't see much point in this whole life thing. I'm not suicidal, but I don't see much point in even trying.

I think a better way to explain it is, in my humble opinion, I've already done pretty much everything I've wanted to do in life. There isn't much that excites me. When I think of something to do, or someone brings up something to do, I either have a "been there, done that, it's boring now" attitude, or it just seems like too much work for too little gain.

The only real fun I have is dreaming, these wonderful, vivid dreams that are like grand adventures... my dreams sometimes are more real than reality, I wish I could sleep and dream forever.

I spend most of my time, while I'm awake at night, either reading, browsing the internet, watching movies, or playing video games.

So, in summary, my lack of motivation is partly due to the tranquilizers (meds that alter brain activity through chemicals), and partly due to events in my history that have left me with this attitude.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

its all in your head. Had the same thing. Viewed a couple of videos, reprogrammed my minds " fight or flight" mechanism. Now I have the least of worries. Takes some time.