Thursday, October 07, 2004

Happy Birthday to me!

It's My Birthday! So get with the program and click the link to my wish list in the lower left column and get me a B-Day present! hehehe...

Anyway, on to my journal entry. Past two days I've been non-stop-go. Totally immersed and involved in working out things with insurance, schoolwork, meetings with school advisors and setting up schedules. I've been half real excited about getting more involved in school and making sure I get appropriate credit for my previous college work, and half frustrated and moody dealing with insurance and the costs of medicine and finances in general.

I'm a perfectionist when I decide I want to do something, so what might take a person an hour to do I spend 12 hours on. Or something like that. I plan on spending most of my birthday trying to get my insurance straightened out and doing some of my homework, and try to swing by the DMV to update my driver's license.

I see my therapist Friday and I think I have a lot of topics I'd like to talk about. I think maybe this weekend I'll let myself chill out again before I burn myself out.

So... all this energy. How much do I attribute to the Adderal, and how much do I attribute to being stimulated by the university environment? Ah... I love nature vs. nurture debates, and this question falls into that realm. It's also why it's often difficult to know if meds are producing a significant difference by themselves or not. I don't think I'm having a placebo reaction to the Adderal, but I do think the university environment is creating a large stimulating effect in me. To go further on with this tangent, I look back to last week and I see that I was highly stimulated the day of class, then the next day and through to the next class session this week, I was tired and out of it and didn't do a whole lot. So, take away the stimulating environment (a nurture variable), and it appears that the Adderall isn't having much of an affect. I must note however, that in this example, I was still on my starter dosage. Over the next two weeks I'll observe whether I exhibit the same behavior.

Or... (hehe, this is the point where my therapist interjects and tells me to quit analyzing everything) is this a situationally induced mild manic state, falling into a blunted, slightly depressed mood state when the stimulus isn't present? I'm sorry, I have to keep analyzing things. I'm training to be a psychologist for Christ's sake. ;-) Don't worry, I don't plan on being a therapist, so you can relax and not worry about me analyzing you and charging you for it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, if you could... Could you please List all the MEDS you have been on?

Anonymous said...

Hey,

Just wanted to wish you a happy belated birthday!
I read this on Nov. 14, 2004 for the first time.
My present to you is a word of assurance. Since I don't have the money to purchase you one of those "secular" books. I really stopped reading those books a long time ago. I now realy on the positive Word of the Lord God, as stated in the bible. It's the only way that helped me overcome the battle of the mind. And I am victorious everyday! The battle continues but we are the victor each time with utilizing the Word of God as our weapon against the prinicpalities that come against our thoughts. God's word is the thing that fills our cup to running over. It is the only focus I need to get me through my day (s).

So don't worry about your problems. It's okay when you have The Lord to give them to and replace the focus with the postive word of God to fill your mind.

It's okay to have a web site in which only a choice few come to post their comments. As a matter of fact, I once had a yahoo group that I was the only member. It's okay. God provides all that we truly want in life, even if it is a private blog spot in which only a few people come to read your posts.

You are loved. Even if the things of your past come back to haunt you.We all have to face the past and learn how to leave it there so that we can move onward with confidence in the good will of the Lord that provides our faith filled service to Him in this world, through our everyday living.

You can have full assurrance that God's love for you is more powerful and comforting than any person in the present or in the past.

Have full assurance that God loves you and get to know that love. by reading His Word. King David, wrote many books of the Psalms. He was a sinner, but he was indeed a man after God's Heart. Get to know King David and you will know the mind of a man that was truly seeking God and rested on the promised of God. You can do that too. Rest. Yes! Rest! in the promises of God.
The things hoped for. They may not come when you think they should come. Because God's timing is not our own. God's timing is the perfect timing, not our own timing. Who are we to tell God the right timing of things to come? We have to rely on God and His promise and His timing. And we can find rest in that. Just do the right thing. Keep living life to the fullest in reaching toards a worthy cause. All for the good.

Happy Birthday David.

I love that Name! David. He was an ancestor of Jesus!
And King David's story is so wonderful! so wonderful! He went from being a herdsman to a King! WOW! And he was a GOOD KING once he was sorry for the sins of his past. He knew he was human and that he was not perfect. But he could only find perfection IN God. And he looked to God to rely on that perfection. That way of life as best he could. He was indeed, a man after God's own heart. What a wonderful story. May I suggest you read the story of King David.

Chuck Swindoll wrote a wonderful book and study on this Kind of old.

You can read more about his book here:

http://www.acloserlook.com/9705acl/christianliving_faith/david.html

Enjoy. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Read some really good reviews on that book on King David.

David Great Lives Series: Volume 1


You may have to copy and paste each line into the address line of your browser. I don't know how to attach links to this blog. :-/ anyway, here is the link to read some very insightful reviews.


http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/customer-reviews/0849913829/ref=cm_cr_dp_2_1/102-6130803-5928940?%5Fencoding=UTF8&me=ATVPDKIKX0DER