Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Return to college

Well, I'm officially back in college now to hopefully finish my Bachelor's in Psychology. Yesterday was my first class, called Psychopharmacology, about drug interactions, specifically psychotropics. I'm only taking one class this semester to see if I can handle it. Baby steps. Long term goal is to go all the way to a Doctorate and in the process pull myself out of enough of the disabling effects of my co-morbid disorders to move on in life and start pulling my own weight again. But first things first.

I was really anxious during the orientation period last Friday at the university, but yesterday at class I felt at ease and enjoyed it. I even rode my bicycle there, so I got some good exercise! (didn't have much of a choice though, since the battery in my truck is dead).

Big problem I'm having now is that I am so tired all the time, which I attribute to all the drugs. I'm on Seroquel again, an atypical antipsychotic (tranquilizer). So it's real hard to stay awake at all. I'm still trying to get my psychiatrist to try me out on Adderal, a stimulant, which is what the plan we had worked up called for, and is what me and my therapist have been thinking for quite some time should be a real help for me.


No comments: