Saturday, October 18, 2003

hmm... What day is it?

Boy I didn't realize it's been about a week since I last posted... where have I been? Mostly groggy, heck most of the time I don't even know what month it is...

My psychiatrist and I decided to stop taking Gabitril cold-turkey in an attempt to alleviate the hyper-somnia and grogginess. My fear is that I will return to where I was before the Gabitril - severe insomnia, which I hated as much as I hate this grogginess. We're frezing my levels of Xanax at 7mg a day, and we'll wait and see for a few weeks how things change.

Since I can't afford the nutritional/herbal/mineral/etc supplements I've been on, my psychiatrist suggested a "free" method that may help.

Check out www.solarhealing.com to find out more about what he's asking me to try.

To sum it up, I'm supposed to stand barefoot on the ground and loot directly at the sun during the 45 minutes before and after sunset and sunrise, each day for nine months in gradually increasing amounts of time. The theory is that this will alleviate hunger, physical ailments, mental ailments, and also bring about spiritual growth. I'm keeping myself from making a judgment on wether or not this is all just a hoax, and keeping an open mind and willing to give it a try. Problem is with my current hyper-somnia I haven't been able to actually be awake during sunrise and sunset.

No comments: